Century 3 Chevrolet Car Dealership News!
Welcome To The New Century 3 Chevrolet Blog
April 3rd, 2012
When it comes to buying used cars there is one thing you always have to know before you even attempt to walk into a car dealership, and that’s how to defend yourself against tricky sales tactics. Now that Century 3 Chevy has reopened with a new look and new management, we want to make sure you know how to prepare yourself when it comes to buying used cars in Pittsburgh. So, to show you how serious we are in regards to great customer service we have compiled a few tips for you to use when you come in to buy a used car from our Pittsburgh car dealership:
1. Do you research! – Always, always, ALWAYS take full advantage of the best learning resource there is when it comes to used car research: The Internet.
2. Find out what you want BEFORE you come inside - It’s very easy to get sidetracked by a pretty young sportscar when you come in not knowing what you want. If it’s a family van you’re after figure it out before hand so you don’t leave in a mid-life crisis!
3. Pinch your pennies – Even if a car is used, it’s going to cost you a pretty penny. Make sure you know your budget so that you can make the best decision possible when it comes to your finances. We love financing ANYONE but at the same time we want YOU to make the best decision for YOUR wallet!
We love our customers and we want to show them how much we appreciate them, so we hope you take these tips to heart and come in and see us, as always, just Minutes From The Mall™!
January 12th, 2012
If you're in the market for a new or used car in Pittsburgh at a Pittsburgh car dealership or Pittsburgh truck dealership and you're a smart consumer you've probably read a ton of info about buying a car at this point in your search for great new-car-related knowledge. Sadly, what you may have read may not be as correct as you think it is. A lot of false information gets tossed around by magazines and blogs, a lot of the time produced by the car sellers and dealers themselves. Here are probably the Top Five Myths About Buying A Car you may have read:
5. You Don't Need To Know The Repair History Of The Car - This is flat out untrue. This myth has been circulated by tons of blogs stating that if the car is sold by a reputable dealer you won't need to ask for a car repair history report, as 'they wouldn't sell something if it wasn't already checked out'. This is not correct at all. Make sure you ALWAYS ask for the car repair history report of any vehicle you may purchase. There's really no excuse not to.
4. All New Cars Get Around The Same Gas Mileage - Another myth that is patently untrue and really shocking to read. So many people claim that all new cars get about the same gas mileage, this is very very false. Some 2011 and 2012 models may still only get 15MPG while some 2010 sedans may be rated for 35-45 MPG. That is a huge difference and very alarming considering that the older cars get better gas mileage. It has NOTHING to do with the year of the car, it has EVERYTHING to do with the model of car.
3. The Color Of The Car Affects Its Mileage - You won't believe how many times we have read this in blogs, magazines, and on car company websites. Color has NOTHING to do with mileage, but it MAY have something to do with how much you spend on insurance. An article from a prominent car magazine in 2009 stated that if you purchase a red or yellow car you are up to 50% more likely to pay a considerable increase on your car insurance. Now that is a jump! Stick with the facts and leave the weird color-related myths behind!
2. Steering Wheels Are Going To Go Extinct - You may have seen this on the local news recently. Many people are reporting that you shouldn't buy a car for the next few years because they will suddenly stop making them with steering wheels. We don't know where this weird rumor came from, but yep, untrue. Steering wheels will still be around for a few more years and you should get a car that uses a steering wheel while they still exist!
And the number one rumor we have heard regarding buying a new car? This may shock you.
1. Cars That Use Keys Are Harder To Resell - We know that you are thinking. 'What?' I know, this doesn't make much sense, but it is a rumor that has swept the globe in recent years. Many people believe that if you buy a car that uses keys instead of a push-to-start it will be impossible to resell or trade in your car. This is completely unfounded. Yet again, what matters is the MODEL of car when it comes to everything - reselling included.
And there you have it, the Top Five myths circulating currently about buying a new car. Trust us, its always better to go with the facts and a reputable dealership than it is to live on the whims of a myth. Take our advice and make an educated decision on a car today!!
January 2nd, 2012!
It's finally the New Year and here at Century 3 Chevy, your Pittsburgh Car Dealership, we plan on bringing you this new blog filled with great car deals, Pittsburgh car sales info, Pittsburgh-related pop culture and trivia, and much much more! Stay tuned to us here at Century 3 Chevy and get great info and great deals on new and pre-owned Chevy cars today!
For the time being please follow us on Twitter: http://www.Twitter.com/CenturyIIIChevy
And follow us on Facebook at: http://www.Facebook.com/Century3Chevy